Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Before I get started with this blog, I would like to say hi to my old friend from the cnc shop! Hope you and yours are well, and it is great to hear from you. So far this week, I have managed to work on the buttress outside the dome exterior door, and laid the bags on the section of the dome that is between that door and the pantry door. I also put in another stair, and, it is the next to last stair before I need to put the big log across the dome that will support the rafters for the loft. It has begun to rain this am so I may not get to work on the house today. If I do, I will be consolidating what is left of the lime plaster into one barrel and getting it ready to keep from freezing during the really cold weather. Then I will start on the next section of the dome wall that is between the laundry pod and pantry pod. After this row is finished on the dome, I will finish the row on the pods and then it will be time to go to the greenhouse room again. I should post again by next Thursday night. Until then, may God bless you and keep you. Ozarkmoma

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I want to make a ladder similar to yours and I would like to know if it worked well to insert it between the bags, since you made this at least seven years ago.

ozarkmoma said...

Hi Patricia,

First I need to let you know that I am not an engineer, nor have I had my work signed off by an engineer. You are more than welcome to use this design, but if you do so, please know that I am not responsible for what happens with the result. I would recommend that you consult an engineer, for your safety, as well as anyone that might be using the stairs. I just have not been able to afford to pay one to inspect my work. With that being said:

My stairs have been left open to the elements all of these years. I use them, but I have several rows of bags over them, I also have boards or logs on the outside to provide further stabilization. The stairs are NOT SAFE to use until you have enough weight covering them on the wall, and enough support on the other end of your log to hold them in place and stable. If you do not stabilize them, they WILL come off of the wall.

If you have a link for a blog site, and if you don't mind sharing it, I would like to see it. I am sure there would be others that would like to see it as well. Good luck with your project.

God bless! Ozarkmoma